It's Benedict Cumberbatch vs. Michael Shannon vs. Nicholas Hoult in the Edison Electricity Drama "The Current War"Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:00pm by Annie Position
Scene: Benedict Cumberbatch is Thomas Edison. Michael Shannon is George Westinghouse. Nicholas Hoult is Nikola Tesla. Then there's Tom Holland and Matthew Mcfadyen. Would you watch? OF COURSE YOU WOULD.
A bunch of super sexy, iconic actors are performing together as super brilliant, iconic inventors and entrepreneurs of yesteryear. Sign. Me. Up. Historical drama can be much more fun than Keeping Up With Kardashians for a number of reasons, but mostly because it was so delciously exciting. Take Thomas Edison post lightbulb invention - it's all fine and good to invent one of the most important things in history, but quite another to build a nationwide network for it. Enter: The Current War.
It's Edison backed by JP Morgan (Matthew Macfadyen) and Westinghouse sort of backed by Tesla (Nicholas Hoult, yessssss) as they fight for mastery of the implementation of the electrical grid. Some want money, some want accessible and free energy, all look damn good doing it. Check out the trailer here, and get psyched for a showdown that puts McGregor and Mayweather to shame. I mean, sort of.
- The MTV Movie Award Winner for 'Best Kiss' Goes To Nick Robinson and Keiynan Lonsdale 06/20/2018
- Sexiest Soccer Players to Watch in the World Cup 06/20/2018
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off His Abs in Sexy Poster For Creed 2 06/20/2018
- NEW TO STREAMING: Goliath, The Bold Type & The Ballad of Hugo Sanchez 6.20.18 06/20/2018
- The Warwick Rowers Posted These Sexy Pics That Were Banned from Instagram 06/19/2018
- Red Hot Alert: Russell Tovey is Single Again 06/19/2018